High speed imaging requires a short shutter speed, and therefore a lot of light. Traditional tungsten lighting produces high quantities of heat, which can cause tremendous problems.
LED lighting offers significant benefits over tungsten lights, not only as they output negligible heat, but also:
- White LED lights are daylight coloured so can be mixed with daylight to boost outdoor illumination
- LED has no IR or UV content, so lenses will produce sharper images
- LED lighting is DC powered, so is flicker free; every image will be exposed exactly the same.
- The light fixtures are very compact.
- There are numerous different form factors of LED lights
There are several configurations of LED light fixtures available now – covering most high speed imaging applications.
What’s your application, and what lighting issues do you have?
LED Lighting on IDT’s website
One thought on “LED Lighting – the cool solution for high speed imaging”
Pingback: Chromatic Aberation – what is it? | High Speed Imaging Blog